Europe Team - Senior Travel Consultant
Scott Dunn is an award-winning luxury tour operator creating tailor-made holidays to destinations all over the world. With offices in the UK, US and Singapore, we pride ourselves on providing outstanding service to all our guests from the moment they begin their research online, right the way through to post-holiday evaluations.
Are you passionate about travel, have broad knowledge of Europe and North America travel destinations and experience in building strong relationships with guests? Have you sold travel to HNW guests in a previous role? Do you have an enthusiastic and polite telephone manner and exceptional attention to detail? If so, this role may be the perfect fit for you!
As a Senior Travel Consultant in our Europe team, you will be creating the perfect family holiday, romantic honeymoon or once-in-a-lifetime adventure for Scott Dunn guests. As a specialist Travel Consultant, you will combine your passion for travel with your invaluable first-hand knowledge of Europe and North American destinations to create unique and bespoke itineraries that meet the individual needs of our guests. Candidates must have worked in both a sales environment and in the tailor-made travel industry and have prior experience selling in Scandinavia, Italy, Iceland, and Greece specifically.
- To take ownership of all aspects of selling and booking a holiday, including written and verbal quotations and holiday documentation
- To contact guests on their return to receive feedback and create new enquiries
- To work towards individual and team sales targets and meet Key Performance Indicators
- To develop excellent product knowledge for immediate sales area but also within all areas of the Scott Dunn portfolio
- To support all marketing initiatives including brochure production, website management, email campaigns, PR and promotional events
- To meet guests on a face-to-face basis when required
- To learn and become conversant with all computer software applications
- To work closely with all departments and Sales teams
The duties that derive from these responsibilities include but are not exclusive to:
- Taking responsibility for the guest journey from first contact to post travel and repeat travel
- Demonstrating excellent attention to detail and accuracy in all communication with guests
- Speaking to all guests on the phone and organising their holiday, by effectively listening to the guest and their requirements
- Inviting guests to the travel lounge when appropriate, or meeting them at their request
- Using sales skills to convert into bookings
- Responding to all enquiries in an efficient and timely manner
- Handling high volumes of guest phone calls during peak periods
- Management of invoices including handling payments, collecting guest details and organising pre-arrival information
- Completing all travel documentation within specified time frames
- Maintaining contact with guests between booking and departure date, including arranging all concierge requirements
- Recording essential data and information using Scott Dunn’s IT software
- Acting on any feedback or complaint swiftly to ensure a great guest experience, liaising with the Guest Relations Executive where necessary
- Booking of guest flights and managing reservations through Travelport
- Attending all internal and external training courses
- Conducting familiarisation trips abroad and presenting back to teams and update website
- Attending trade shows, and promotional events in the UK and abroad
- Training colleagues with knowledge gained from areas visited
- Accounting for costs and margins on each booking
- Contributing to the team over and above standard sales and service requirements
- Such other duties as management may reasonably require from time to time
Successful candidates for this senior position will have worked in a sales role within the luxury travel sector, and will have specialist knowledge of Europe and North American product. This would be an ideal role for those looking to take their next career step to a senior level, having gained experience in this sector.
Values & Behaviours
All employees must promote, understand and apply Scott Dunn’s workplace values. These are embedded in all roles and applicants must evidence the values as part of the application process.
- In the know - Start by listening. We take the time to understand our guests’ and colleagues needs. Be Precise. We take pride in getting every detail right. Own it. We deliver on commitments we make.
- In the Detail - Love learning. We energetically seek out and share new ideas and insights. Embrace feedback. We continuously seek to improve by sharing and accepting honest feedback. Work with the best. We attract, retrain and partner with the best.
- Inspiring - Look to the future. We constantly seek opportunities to make travel memorable and sustainable. Be more we. We work together collaboratively and value different viewpoints. Win together. We celebrate each other’s successes and have fun.
We aim to find someone who would be office based at our premises in Hammersmith for at least 3 days a week. There will be an induction / training period initially, where you will be required to attend the office daily.
We offer very competitive salaries and a great benefits package including the following:
- 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising by 1 day with each year of service (max 30)
- Contributory pension scheme
- 'Cycle to work' scheme
- Subsidised private healthcare
- Company loyalty scheme
- Travel insurance
- Familiarisation trips
- Recognition awards throughout the year
- Social events
- Job Family Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date 27 February 2023
- Hammersmith, London, UK